Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Pseudo-Guest-Post Grilled Cheese Day Celebration Cakes

Yesterday was National Grilled Cheese Day and to celebrate, my friend Anne made some adorable grilled cheese-esq mini cakes.  She sent me some pictures yesterday and I've decided to post them here in honor of her good work and what might be the best holiday ever. 

I now have to hope she's not mad (I come from the "seek forgiveness, not permission" walk of life).

I also have realized that we have the same table runner, which is very confusing (for a minute I thought she took the pictures at my house...).

She made pound cakes in mini loaf pans, cut them into slices and filled each pair with a orange-dyed cream cheese frosting.  Then she painted on the grill marks with food coloring. 

Here they are!  Oh, and check out her Etsy page, she makes great paper crafts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment