Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Chocolate Tart with Candied Cranberries

Thanksgiving desserts in my house are usually dominated by my brother Dave (this year he made pumpkin creme brulee which was amazing), but I found this recipe from a 1999 Bon Appetit that I wanted to try.
It was basically really simple, but I highly recommend reading the recipe before you start, something I have major issues remembering to do.
  • For the crust I just threw all the ingredients into the food processor and combined them that way, but then the dough had to chill for at least 2 hours (first non-advanced-recipe-reading issue).
  • Then the crust had to bake and cool before I could put the filling in and chill for at least an hour after the filling was in (second non-advanced-recipe-reading issue)
  • Then the cranberries needed to be candied and put on the filling and chilled for another few hours (third non-advanced-recipe-reading issue).
Anyway, it turned out great and was a huge success and was actually really easy, just time consuming. Good to make while there's a game or movies you've seen so many times you don't care about missing parts of (like Overboard starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel).

No comments:

Post a Comment