Friday, November 6, 2009

The Chocolate Sushi

I was on Tastespotting the other day (shock of shocks...) and I saw this link to a posting on chocolate sushi. It looked fun and easy and kind of awesome. Thus begins my series of posts on things that look easier than they are and how the internet is full of trickery (and perhaps evil, but that might just be too much listening to Harry Potter).

I decided to make this chocolate sushi for my friend's Halloween party. The loose thought was that this was ingredients dressed up as sushi. I bought mint, strawberries, blackberries, and, in a fit of creativity, a pomegranate to put in the sushi. I then began the disaster... It really wasn't that bad, but following directions that say things like, "
let cool a bit and stir in corn syrup. wrap tightly and refrigerate to desired consistency. knead and roll into desired shapes." isn't helpful for me. It's not the blogger's fault. She probably already knew how to make modeling chocolate. I didn't. Anyway, the kitchen ended up caked in chocolate and stickiness, but the sushi was up kind of cool. I'm not sure it's really finger food by the time all is said and done. It looks pretty authentic, but I don't think I'll be taking that one again any time soon (sorry Matt).





No comments:

Post a Comment