Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Night of Beer - Part 2: Dinner

To counteract the effect the beer brownies would be having on my waistline, I thought I'd go healthy for dinner.

Last week I purchased a bag of little red, yellow and orange peppers at Costco and have been eating them ever since with lunch, but I saw today that they were getting a bit wrinkly.  I decided to cut them up and sautee them with onion and mushrooms.
I love sauteed mushrooms (in an almost unnatural way).
Star Market also had asparagus on sale, so I added some of that as well.

While cooking, I thought I might as well continue the evening of beer, so rather than using sherry, which is my usual alcohol of choice to drown my mushrooms in, I used a Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA.  That and some salt made for quite a nice flavor.
Yesterday, I bought already-cooked brown rice in a bag from Trader Joes, so I threw the veggies on top of that when finished.  Tasty meal, and enough for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment