Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Chipotle Mango Cupcakes

I saw these cupcakes yesterday on Tastespotting and they seemed to consist of a variety of flavors no normal person would ever put together. Therefore, they were right up my alley and I decided to make them. They were easy enough to make and came out pretty well. I always tend to err on the side of plenty when it comes to spices, but never having used chipotle chili powder before and it being a brand new bottle, that might have been a mistake, so if you decide to make them, stick to the actual measurements (mine are a tad bit eye-watering). The mango pieces in the batter keep everything moist, but also give them much more of a muffin-y consistency than what I usually think of as cupcakes. Recipe at Coconut & Lime, where their food photos look waaay classier than mine (granted, their's probably weren't taken on a paper towel in a school cafeteria either). Oh, mine also yielded 16, not 12 and I cut up fruit jelly slices for garnish. I also used regular lime instead of keylime in the icing because there were certainly no keylimes at the Shaws on Rte 9.



No comments:

Post a Comment