Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Sad, Sad Cookies

Where to begin...

I found these adorable sad puppy cookies today on Tastespotting (which may just be the best website ever) and thought they were so cute that I had to make them. Unfortunately, the recipe was from some British company that makes a milk product that British people use to drug their children at night (Horlicks) and was all in grams and wanted me to cook them at 150 degrees and stuff, so I assumed they were crazy and decided (like any good American would) that I could do the same thing with sugar cookie dough from the refrigerator section in the supermarket.

This is what the sad puppy cookies made by the drug-pushing English chick looked like:



While my equally-as-good-but-better-because-they're-American sad puppy cookies were baking, I soon determined that I have no knowledge of baking chemistry (or any chemistry for that matter) and had forgotten entirely that sugar cookies EXPAND while baking.

So, this is what my super amazing sad PANDA cookies look like:
I especially like that they are all square because the cooked together.
These guys are the saddest pandas of all.

At least I can bring them to work tomorrow. Teachers'll eat anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment