Friday, March 7, 2008

The "Healthy" Crescent Rolls

Being officially tired of baking, I decided to mix it up for this weekend's party (I am very popular). This came to me last night when I was trying to think of something to make that would be yummy and EASY.

I bought a bunch of asparagus and some green beans since I was informed that not everybody throwing the party likes asparagus. I decided to blanch the veggies before baking so they wouldn't be too firm or burn in the oven. Then I spiraled each stalk/bean with crescent roll dough from the refrigerator section (picking up a trend? I think my mixer is loney) and rolled each one in parmesan cheese. I baked them according to the directions on the dough tube (and the oven stayed on the whole time!)

All in all it was super easy and pretty fun. And they are DELICIOUS!


pre-baking

Stalks and Beans

Just beans

No comments:

Post a Comment