Monday, March 15, 2010

Upcoming: National Chocolate Caramel Day!

Friday, March 19th, is National Chocolate Caramel Day.  I know St. Patty's Day is Wednesday (hence the corned beef boiling on my stove), but a whole day devoted to the marriage of chocolate and caramel? -that I can get behind.

I am thinking of making brownies in muffin tins and then shoving a rolo into the center of each one right before it's done baking.  Turtle brownies were also recommended, but I'm not crazy about pecans.  I did throw back the idea of brownies with rolos in the middle and turtles on top, but it might be a bit decadent (did I really just say that?).

Check back Friday to check out what I end up baking.

Until then, chocolate-caramel pairing favorites, ready, go!

2 comments:

  1. I am late to the party, but I should tell you that I, too, made a chocolate caramel cake. Chocolate cake, caramel frosting. BUT I also recognized that it was National Poultry day and put little fondant cut-out turkeys on the cake. Also chocolate caramel eggs. Sadly, I didn't take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to have to discuss your obsession with fondant. I don't think it's healthy...

    ReplyDelete