Monday, June 7, 2010

The Meantime

In the time between planting the patio garden and now, I have created two other concoctions of significance that I think are worth mentioning.

The first was a mingling of my favorite chocolate chip cookie bars and the Rolo brownies from a few months ago.  I made the chocolate chip cookie bars according to the recipe, except (I love the except!), I didn't have any brown sugar and had just gone to the store.  The sub for brown sugar is white sugar and molasses, so I did that.  I think the cookies came out chewier and gooier than the normal way, so that might be my go-to from now on.  (1 cup brown sugar = 1 cup white sugar + 1/4 cup molasses).  This became overwhelmingly gluttonous when I took them out of the oven and immediately pushed in rolos and peanut butter cups so they could get melty and gooey.  It worked and they were quite a success at the Memorial Day BBQ.


The other treat was that I made the chocolate mayonnaise cake again.  This time I made it into cupcakes and they were super good.  I followed the same recipe, but baked for about 18-20 minutes.  Oh, and I ended up using half Miracle Whip because, again, I ran out of something, but you couldn't tell.  If anything, I think the cupcakes were more moist than the original cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment