Friday, June 25, 2010

The Pseudo-Guest Post #2: The Salad Cake

Are people aware that there is a National Punctuation Day?  It's on Sept. 24th.  They have T-shirts and stuff.  One of them says "is there a hyphen in anal-retentive?"  That's funny.

OK, back to my story. 

"What's that?" you say, "salad that's a cake?  How ever can that be?"  And that is a good question indeed.  "It is not a cake that is a salad." I would answer, "it is a salad that is a cake."

My friend Anne (of National Grilled Cheese Day fame) has topped herself.  This time, for a salad-themed work potluck, Anne put forth the best kind of salad she could think of.  Actually, this is from a girl who I'm pretty sure just ate her first salad ever about two months ago, so the fact that her donation was full of cake and buttercream is really not that surprising.

It's very cute though.  And I finally get to see what the results of that oh-so-cute, but oh-so-expensive W-S pan are.
Oh-so-cute, but oh-so-expensive Williams-Sonoma pan
Pan results and "bowl" beginning

Salad-Cake! (Cake salad?)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see the pictures, but Google shows "missing photo" icons...

    ReplyDelete